A Fall Filled with Fiber Fun…
Mimi’s Needle Basket carries lots of great things, such as ChaiGoo interchangeable needle sets, Wool Tree Mill lucets — and Fix-A-Stitch, of course!
They recently shared with us Mimi’s fall fiber fest schedule:
- October 4-5 Yarnosphere – Expo Arts Center at Bixby Knolls, 4321 Atlantic Ave., Long Beach, CA
- October 11-12 Vista Fiber Fiesta – The Fiesta will take place at the Antique Gas & Steam Engine Museum, 2040 North Santa Fe Ave., Vista, CA. Hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. both Saturday and Sunday.
- October 25 Ventura Harvest Festival – Where: Studio Channel Islands Art Center, 2222 Ventura Blvd., Old Town Camarillo When: Saturday, October 25, 2014 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The festival will be on the grass, adjacent to Studio Channel Islands Art Center, and close to the very popular Camarillo Farmer’s Market. There will be hand-made items, equipment and materials for sale, along with demonstrations of spinning, weaving and other fiber crafts.
- November 2 Torrance Fiber Fest – Torrance Cultural Arts Center Adjacent to 3341 Torrance Blvd., Torrance CA. The entrance is from Madrona Avenue. Free Parking, Admission $10 (cash only) includes 10 door prize tickets* Show Schedule: 11:30 – Lunch service begins 12:00 – First Door Prize Drawing* 2:00 – Fashion Show 3:00 – Last Door Prize Drawing* followed by the Silent Auction
If you’re in the area, we do encourage you to stop by and say hello! And if you’re not in this neck of the woods, what fiber festivals are you looking forward to this year? Let us know, and we’ll spread the word!
Check out Loop’s Instagram contest… featuring Fix-A-Stitch!
We are THRILLED that Loop Knitting is hosting an Instagram contest — with Fix-A-Stitch as the prize! Get all the details here: http://www.loopknitlounge.com/2014/06/fix-a-stitch-to-the-rescue/
Where to buy our new bags!
We had a wonderful time at The National NeedleArts Association’s Summer Trade Show in Indianapolis. Our new limited-edition keychain zipper bags, specially designed JUST for Fix-A-Stitch by Chic-a, were quite the hit! Not only do they keep your Fix-A-Stitch set safe and sound right on the strap of your favorite knitting bag, they’re also handy to link onto your purse to hold mints, shopper loyalty cards, etc.
Supplies are limited, so ask your favorite local yarn shop to order some today! Retailers that are already carrying these darling bags in-shop (and in some cases, online) include:
- At Home Store
- Black Locust Farm
- The Black Sheep
- Crafty Needle
- Haus of Yarn
- Knitting to Know Ewe
- Personal Threads Boutique
- Stitch Diva Studios
- The Woolery
- Yarn Expressions